- 236.59 ml butter, melted
- 44.37 ml vinegar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 946.36 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml currants
Directions See How It's Made
- Line tart tins with pastry. Sprinkle 6-8 currants into each tart shell.
- Let butter cool to room temp, then add the remaining ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon into unbaked tart shells, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 200F for 15 min, then without taking the tarts out, turn the oven to 350°F Bake another 10-15 min, until they start to brown. This method will prevent them from boiling over.
- Note: I use Tenderflake lard and make the pastry using the instructions on the box, chilling the dough before rolling. Roll it a little thicker than for pie pastry, and use a little extra flour.