Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking these on a smoker or pit makes them extra good!
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, not drained
- Dice the bacon and onion and cook in a skillet untillbacon is rendered and onions are translucent. Add all other ingredients in a disposable foil pan or if you don't have a disposable foil pan handy, just wrap the outside of a Pyrex casserole dish with aluminum foil. This prevents smoke from building up on the dish and makes cleanup a breeze. Heat in the pit or smoker at 250 degrees for an hour.