Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple, satisfying and sweet!
Make and share this Real Bananas Foster recipe from Food.com.
- Slice bananas in 3 slices lengthwise, then cut in halves.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add brown sugar and cook over low heat stirring into a thick paste.
- Add vanilla and liqueur and stir well; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add bananas and cook over medium heat, being sure to baste with sugar and butter mixture.
- Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Heat rum in a metal cup, ignite and pour over bananas.
- Stir well to blend.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream.
This was a lovely dessert for us tonight. I did cut back on the sugar and used only 3/4 cup, I think I might go even a little less next time. Loved the combo of rum and banana liqueur. I served this over a premium vanilla ice cream and we licked our spoons.