Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got tired of the old recipes for banana cake that used mashed bananas, with little flavour. So, decided to try a variation to a cake mix, and was surprised at flavour, and reviews! The French Vanilla adds extra to the flavour - do not use White or plain mix! Icing set it off as true winner!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups banana milk
- 1 tablespoon banana extract
- Blend cake mix, milk, eggs, and banana extract together-use Banana Milk instead of ordinary milk/water- IMPORTANT** adds to overall flavor.
- Whip all ingredients for at LEAST 5 minutes- this makes cake fluffy and very moist.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes (a little extra time to allow for milk sub).
- Broil top for 2 minutes if too moist on top.
- Cool cake.
- Can add icing or top with whip cream (add one of those iced mocha mix packets to cream for great flavour combo).
- Top with bananas for creme de la resistant!
I had some banana milk to use up, and wouldn't ya know, 'zaar had a recipe for it! An easy one, too! I only had a half of the needed amount, and no extract, so I added a mashed banana, and this was the most moist and pleasant cake, so different from the normal cake mix texture.
I tried this because of the reviews and was very pleasantly surprised. We liked this because it wasn't overly sweet, but had loads of flavor. I used Gerry's recipe for Banana Milk...Thanks!...and paired it with a cream cheese, powdered sugar, cool whip icing. This is going in my file box to make again.
I had to make two birthday cakes last weekend and this was one of them. My husband LOVES Banana Quick and this seemed right up his alley. He just loved it and wants it again!! Even those who don't like banana milk (like me, and everyone else who had it) enjoyed this moist, tasty cake. GREAT recipe--thanks so much for sharing it!