Recipe by duke1981
Got tired of the old recipes for banana cake that used mashed bananas, with little flavour. So, decided to try a variation to a cake mix, and was surprised at flavour, and reviews! The French Vanilla adds extra to the flavour - do not use White or plain mix! Icing set it off as true winner!!
Top Review by annlouise
I had some banana milk to use up, and wouldn't ya know, 'zaar had a recipe for it! An easy one, too! I only had a half of the needed amount, and no extract, so I added a mashed banana, and this was the most moist and pleasant cake, so different from the normal cake mix texture.
- 1 (18 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups banana milk
- 1 tablespoon banana extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cake mix, milk, eggs, and banana extract together-use Banana Milk instead of ordinary milk/water- IMPORTANT** adds to overall flavor.
- Whip all ingredients for at LEAST 5 minutes- this makes cake fluffy and very moist.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes (a little extra time to allow for milk sub).
- Broil top for 2 minutes if too moist on top.
- Cool cake.
- Can add icing or top with whip cream (add one of those iced mocha mix packets to cream for great flavour combo).
- Top with bananas for creme de la resistant!