Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found these in Food & Family, Fall 2005. We made the strawberry variation here at the home and the residents couldn't get enough of it! Try a tempting strawberry treat or another one of the delectable fruity flavors for a sweet bite any night for dinner or any other meal. The answer is within the swirls of this delightfully creamy, no-fuss recipe that can be made in mere minutes. This can be made with sugar-free gelatin, frozen fruit and non-dairy whipped topping - a nice dessert for diabetics or anyone.
- 1 (4 ounce) packageof jello brand orange gelatin or 1 (4 ounce) package strawberry gelatin or 1 (4 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder or 1 (4 ounce) package blueberry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups frozen fruit, frozen mixed fruit blend or 2 cups frozen strawberries or 2 cups frozen raspberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup non-dairy whipped topping
- slivered almonds or any other nuts, garnish
- Stir boiling water into package of gelatin in a large bowl at least 2 minutes, until completely dissolved.
- Add frozen fruit, stir until gelatin starts to thicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the gelatin mixture into whipped topping with wire whisk until well blended.
- Spoon whipped topping mixture evenly into 4 dessert cups.
- Spoon remaining gelatin and fruit mixture over whipped topping mixture in each cup.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until set.
This is very tasty, quick and can be lo cal. Will make this often!