Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe is from Taste of Home.
Make and share this Ready Gravy Mix (Dry Mix) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules or 3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the bouillon, flour and pepper. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare gravy: In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add 2 Table gravy mix.
- Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in water until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Variations: On the Internet I have seen some variations to this by adding a little sage and thyme, or poultry seasoning (chicken gravy only), and/or garlic powder, and/or onion powder, or using milk instead of water.