Recipe by internetnut
I got it from Pinching Your Pennies. The recipe calls for Additional Ingredients for each batch. As this is not my recipe I'm unsure what the additional ingredients are. I'm gonna guess things such as onions or mushrooms. When I made this I used the chicken bouillon and I cut the recipe in half. I added 1/4 teaspoon more black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder to suit my family's taste. My family thought it was really good gravy.
Top Review by The Daycare Lady
This worked out great. I used the extra pepper, salt and onion powder that was suggested. I made beef gravy. The color of gravy wasn't as dark as commercially made brown gravy mix, but tasted good.
Ready Gravy Mix
- 2 1⁄4 ounces instant chicken bouillon powder (Wyler's) or 2 1⁄4 ounces beef bouillon powder (Wyler's)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
To prepare gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine all ingredients for mix.
- Store in an airtight container, for up to 6 months.
- Yield 8 batches.
- To prepare gravy:.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add 1/4 cup mix.
- Cook and stir until lightly browned, about a minute.
- Whisk in water until smooth.
- Bring to a full boil, cook and stir for 2 minute or until thickened.