Recipe by robertseidel
Easy bran muffins. If you don't want to make all of them at once, store the batter in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 3 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and water. Stir until cereal is evenly moistened. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, preheat oven to 425 °F.
- To cereal, add eggs, buttermilk, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, salt, sugar, and flour.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet.
- Bake in muffin tins at 425 °F for 20 minutes.