Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hearty and wholesome
Make and share this Ready and Waiting Bean and Vegetable Ragout recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 1 large turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 large parsnip, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced into half moons
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (can use any white bean)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (or 1/2 t. dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked chopped collard greens (or other dark leafy greens)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add in the onion and carrot; cover and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Transfer cooked veggies to a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Add in the turnip, parsnip, sweet potato, beans, stock, wine, thyme, salt, and pepper; cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- !0 minutes before ready to serve, stir in the cooked collards; serve hot.