Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
There is nothing more satisfying then having dinner ready for you when you walk in the door from church. My kids are begging for food before we even get home, so by the time they change their clothes I have the table set and ready to eat. Add a salad and LOTS of biscuits and you have a meal that will keep you full all day. WARNING you may need a nap after this meal!!!! The season mix is a scaled down version of Copycat Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
- 2 -3 lbs roast
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
Seasoning: mix together in small bowl 1st
- 1⁄4 cup minced white onion
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons onion powder
- 8 -10 small red potatoes or 8 -10 small yellow potatoes, washed not peeled
- Place washed roast in bottom of roasting pan.
- Sprinkle Brown Gravy Mix on top followed by water.
- Top with Seasoning Mix.
- Cover all with mushroom soup.
- Add potatoes or other veggies around the outer edges but not on top the roast.
- Cover with foil (most lids do not have good seals use foil) and cook at 325o for 3 hrs till meat is fully cooked and veggies tender.
- FYI: The gravy will be already made in the bottom of the pan if to thick add a bit of water but no need to add flour or corn starch.
This is odd. I cooked a roast yesterday to be ready after church and liked it so much I went searching for a recipe with the same ingredients. This is it. I added carrots and did not add the bouillon but that's minor. Very good. This is a recipe I would treat as a base and add red wine or a little tomato paste to for variety.
Okay, I didn't wash the meat. And omitted the celery seed, just a personal preference. And put the veggies in during the last hour. Pretty good!