Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
This is made for RSC 11. The chicken turns out moist and delicious with a tang from the sun dried tomatoes. Looks like it came from a restaurant and IT DID...YOURS! (as per family) I hope you enjoy eating it as much as I had creating it.(edited 2/29/08 as I left ut directions for roasted peppers)
Top Review by A la Carte
This is a delicious stuffed chicken recipe! I thought the flavors were exceptional together, and the dish was cooked perfectly according to your directions. (My chicken was not swimming in oil - I used sundried tomatoes that were NOT packed in oil, and I used about a cup of white wine in the pan, instead of the tomato liquid.) I did flatten my chicken a bit to make it easier for rolling. Either way, this was a great dish and I was very happy with the presentation and the flavors. YUM! I will be putting this in my 5* cookbook. I love that you can make it all ahead, and then if you have friends or family over, you just pop it in the oven when you're ready! Doesn't get much better!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- fresh spinach (1 handful)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced lengthwise (I buy mine already roasted in jar with water)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix flour, pepper, garlic, basil together on a plate.
- in bowl mix with a fork the egg and milk.
- dunk chicken breasts in egg wash, then flour.
- lay flat in 9 x 13 pan.
- lay flat spinach on breasts, sprinkle cheese on top.
- *** sliced roasted pepper lengthwise and place on chicken with cheese and spinach.
- drizzle butter over breasts.
- roll chicken breasts from smallest side to fattest, (may use toothpick to hold together).
- pour diced sun dried tomatoes over chicken pieces, including liquids (if not in jar add additional water approx 1/4 c ).
- bake for 30 minutes in oven at 350 degrees.
- note- ovens vary so check after 20 minutes and check thereafter each 5 minutes until no longer pink when sliced into.