Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful, rich chocolate dessert from Royal Caribbean International.
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- whipped cream
- fresh fruit
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Coat a 10" springform pan with a double thickness of aluminim foil to prevent water from seeping inches
- Chill a large mixing bowl.
- Place the chocolate, vanilla, rum & coffee in the top of a double boiler set over 1" simmering water. Whisk until chocolate is smooth and no small lumps remain.
- Turn off heat and remove mixture from hot water. Transfer to large bowl and let cool.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs and sugar. With electric mixer, beat until pale.
- Add 1/4 of the chocolate mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Pour this mixture into remaining chocolate mix. Stir until combined.
- Whip cream in chilled bowl until soft peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and cover top with aluminum foil.
- Place in roasting pan and pour boiling water into pan to come halfway up the outside of cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until small cracks appear on the surface.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight. Unmold and garnish.