Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a breakfast side that was inspired by a seaside diner in Pompano Beach Florida that's long since out of business.
- 6-8 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, medium, chopped
- 14.79 ml smoked paprika
- 14.79 ml Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large covered skillet
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly to coat potatoes evenly with spices.
- Cover and cook on medium high temp for 10
- Uncover, reduce heat to medium low and cook slowly stirring frequently until onion starts to carmelize.
- Remove from heat and serve with your favorite eggs and breakfast meat.