Recipe by carolinafan
White chocolate, raspberries and almonds. Yummy.
Top Review by RecipeJunkie
Just made this recipe last weekend. Found it on the back of a Nestle white morsels package and just had to try it. Glad to find it on zaar as this is a definite keeper. The only thing I noticed that it a little different is the nestle recipe calls for 1/2c sugar instead of 1/3c used in this recipe. Everyone certainly loved these and I will be making them again! Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease and sugar a 9x9-inch pan.
- Melt butter in medium, microwaveable bowl on high power for 1 minute; stir.
- Add 1 cup morsels; do not stir.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until foamy.
- Add sugar; beat until light lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in morsel-butter mixture.
- Add flour, salt and almond extract.
- Mix at low speed until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until light golden brown around edges.
- Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Spread jam over warm crust.
- Stir remaining morsels into remaining batter.
- Drop tablespoons of batter over jam.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until edges are browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.