Recipe by Martini Guy
I found this recipe in the newspaper several years ago. Serve with asparagus tips, rice pilaf, a glass of sauvignon blanc and a smile. Enjoy!
Top Review by KathrynTrek
We love this dish! My husband will go digging and bring home fresh clams. We use Chicken and Biscuits Crackers instead of Panko for breading. And we serve them on a bed of dressed arugula and/or watercress. Wonderful meal! The kids even like it (without the "leaves").
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (2 large limes)
- 4 razor clams
- buttermilk, for dipping
- panko breadcrumbs, for breading
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle lime juice on clams, dip in buttermilk, dredge in Panko.
- Refrigerate about 10 minute to set breading.
- In a pan large enough to hold clams without them touching, heat oil and butter on medium-high until foaming stops.
- Salt and pepper clams to taste and saute until golden, about 1 minute on each side.