Prep 8 hrs
Cook 8 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 – Australia/New Zealand. This recipe was found at the New Zealand Beef & Lamb Website. These are wonderful served with a simple salad and fresh fruit. I hope you will enjoy this nice light meal. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes before threading with the ingredients. This will help prevent them from burning.
- 600 -750 g lean lamb
- 1 onion, small, peeled
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 yellow peppers, cored
- Cut the lean lamb into 2cm cubes and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- In a food processor, put the onion, garlic, white wine, soy sauce, lemon juice or cider vinegar, oil and sugar. Season well with pepper then process until smooth. Pour over the lamb, seal and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Cut the yellow pepper into 2cm dice. Thread the lamb and pepper onto skewers. Brush the kebabs with oil.
- Barbecue or grill over a moderately high heat for about 6-8 minutes until the lamb is cooked, turning regularly.