Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband made this for me years ago. Quick and easy, it remains one of our favorite recipes.
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans (we use Campbells)
- 1 onion (optional)
- Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning (or red pepper)
- Brown beef in large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash or red pepper.
- Push beef to the sides of the pan.
- Put beans in the center of the pan.
- Wait a few minutes, then mix ingredients together.
- Reduce heat to low, then simmer five minutes.
- We enjoy this with saltine crackers and a green salad.
Good. I used Bell Pepper & Garlic seasoning instead of the Montreal. I servied with Garlic Parmesan crescent rolls and lettuce salad. Thanks for posting! :)
Good winter meal. My kids enjoy it. Thanks.