Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend's father sent me this recipe (which he said to share) and a couple of HUGE zucchini that look like pods from "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." The soup turned out great. Cook time does not include chilling time.
- 4 lbs zucchini, seeds removed and cubed (one of thse huge ones that hide and grow and grow works just fine)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric or 1⁄4 curry powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup minced basil (for garnish) or 1⁄4 cup cilantro (for garnish)
- Combine cut up zucchini, potatoes, spices and stock and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Puree in blender.
- Garnish with minced basil or cilantro.
- Serve hot or chilled.