Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are an okra eater, this is another wonderful way to make it. I found this from a cookbook called Pass The Plate.
- 1⁄2 lb okra, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -3 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Using medium heat, saute okra and onion in small amount of bacon drippings until crisp-tender.
- Add chopped tomato; stir, cooking, about 5 mins.
- Sprinkle on crushed crackers.
- Blend lightly.
- Cook about 5 mins.
- Reduce heat.
- Break egg onto the mixture.
- Blend lightly until egg begins to set.
- Shape into a flat mound.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and slip under broiler until cheese melts.
Yummy flavors. Tomato, okra, onion, bacon. They just go together. By the way, I crumbled the bacon that I cooked and added it in with the egg. Good dish. The okra lovers out there should try it.