8 hrs 20 mins
The original recipe was given to me by a co-worker when I first moved to Texas & has remained my favorite simple chicken dish for 15 years. Rayann's recipe calls for a whole chicken but I just use the breasts. Just add some hot cornbread and, boy hidee, dinner's ready.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded & sliced
- 3 carrots, scraped & cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 2 cups okra pods (fresh or frozen)
- 1Place chicken breasts in crockpot or slow cooker.
- 2Mix paprika, Rotel, Worcestershire sauce & Louisanna hot sauce. Pour over the chicken.
- 3Place onion quarters, peppers & carrots on top of chicken pieces.
- 4Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken juices run clear.
- 5Add the black-eyed peas & okra, replace lid & cook an additional 45 minutes or until the okra is tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rayann's Southwest Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.8
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1160.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 37.9 g