Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this at work in my Magic Bullet. It was delicious! It may not be original, but I made it on my own. I didn't see one posted here exactly like it. The only thing I might do different next time is double it! Or I might add some cacoa! mmmmmm....
- 3 -4 dates, pitted
- 1 banana (small and peeled)
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk (or your preference- ex. water, rice milk, cow's milk...)
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (already sweet, so definetly optional)
- You may want to chop the dates first (I did).
- Put everything in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy!
Yummy! I added a big dash of cinnamon which really complemented the banana. No way does this need agave nectar at least with the type of dates I used. I used 3 medium California, Majool dates (soft dark) and it was sweet enough. I peeled the dates so they would blend more smoothly. I used 2/3 cup original rice dream as I found using a 1/2 cup too thick. I would like to try this again with almond milk.
Very, very nice tasting smoothie! I used 5, a frozen banana & 2/3 cup of almond milk & had a wonderful breakfast drink! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
Delicious! I used honey and almond milk. Loved it! Will make again! Made for Pick a Chef(PAC).