- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari (like soy sauce)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak walnuts in water for 6-8 hours.
- Drain them and add remaining ingredients to food processor. Process into paste. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with crackers. I like Whole Foods 365 brand sesame crackers.
- If not eating right away, store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (if it will last that long!).