Quick and easy to make--great flavor. May cut veggies in your favorite size, but this is the way I like them. May also add other veggies that you may like to this. Very versatile--if you don't have an ingredient, add something else or just leave it out.
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh tomatoes, peel and seed, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cucumbers, peel and seed, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup celery (chopped small)
- 1 cup chopped onion (red is best)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- herb flavored crouton (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours for flavors to blend.
- Serve topped with croutons.