Recipe by paphlovian
Fruit smoothies have been so popular, but they also tend to be high in sugar. Why not switch to veggie smoothies? They provide so much nutrition and flavor without the sugar, naturally. I have been enjoying veggie smoothie variations for breakfast and it keeps me going until lunch time. A note on the flax meal: you can buy it milled at the store or use a separate coffee grinder to grind whole flax seeds fresh).
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, soaked overnight (almonds, cashews, or walnuts)
- 3⁄4-1 cup water
- 1 cucumber, cut into 2 inch slices (peeling is optional)
- 1 leaf kale
- 1⁄4 cup cabbage
- 1 scoop rice protein powder (or protein powder of choice)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine nuts and water in the blender. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes. The water should turn white like milk.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into your favorite glass* and enjoy! *Depending on the size of your glass, you may get to come back for seconds.