Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I ran out of spinach the other day, and so had my salad with 'just the toppings'. It was a nice change from the usual, and would work well with whatever ingredients you may have laying around.
- 7 baby carrots, julienned
- 1 -2 stalk celery, julienned
- 1⁄8 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 9 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 black olives, chopped (optional)
- 1 pinch capers, drained (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 fresh basil, chopped
- fresh squeeze lemon juice
- Combine first five ingredients in small bowl.
- Add optional ingredients if desired.
- Combine vinegar, garlic pepper and basil leaf; add a touch of olive oil if desired.
- Pour over salad and mix to combine (or just add the ingredients directly to the salad).
- Squeeze a bit of lemon on top of salad.
I followed this exactly and it was so good! Light but filling, simple but so tasty! I had it with leftover ginger soy salmon. What a meal! Thanks so much for sharing!!!