Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a co-worker and good friend who served it so often at parties that her husband referred to it fondly as "that darn dip". It is a delicious cheese dip for raw vegetables. It is easy to prepare and a guaranteed hit for any gathering of friends. Children love it also.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup of real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of grated onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the cottage cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Break up all the curds with a fork and whip with a whisk until smooth or blend in an electric blender until smooth (preferred method).
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, making sure to mix well.
- Serve chilled as a dip for fresh raw vegetables such as celery sticks, carrot sticks, zucchini sticks, broccoli and cauliflower florets or any other in-season raw vegetables that can be cut into small sticks or pieces.
- Keep refrigerated until served.
Very nice dip. Loved the addition of cottage cheese to the creamy ingredients. I'm finding I can't tolerate alot of mayo so this mix worked nicely. Also enjoyed the addition of the worcestershire sauce, chives & garlic. When everything was blended together it tasted 'darn good', thanks for sharing.