Recipe by Chef BobO
I got this recipe from a co-worker and good friend who served it so often at parties that her husband referred to it fondly as "that darn dip". It is a delicious cheese dip for raw vegetables. It is easy to prepare and a guaranteed hit for any gathering of friends. Children love it also.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very nice dip. Loved the addition of cottage cheese to the creamy ingredients. I'm finding I can't tolerate alot of mayo so this mix worked nicely. Also enjoyed the addition of the worcestershire sauce, chives & garlic. When everything was blended together it tasted 'darn good', thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup of real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of grated onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cottage cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Break up all the curds with a fork and whip with a whisk until smooth or blend in an electric blender until smooth (preferred method).
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, making sure to mix well.
- Serve chilled as a dip for fresh raw vegetables such as celery sticks, carrot sticks, zucchini sticks, broccoli and cauliflower florets or any other in-season raw vegetables that can be cut into small sticks or pieces.
- Keep refrigerated until served.