Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one is a lot healthier than the wedge salad served at Outback Steakhouse or TGI Friday’s. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 purple onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 tablespoons filtered water
- Cut the lettuce into 4 wedges and place them on four individual dishes.
- Sprinkle diced tomatoes, onion slices and walnuts on top of the lettuce and around it.
- In a blender, blend the ingredients for the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce and sprinkle some black pepper.
- Infuse love and serve!
Very nice, fun salad. I did, however, make a few changes. :) Firstly, I soaked the raw cashews overnight (8 hours) to make the dressing much creamier AND to make the protein much more digestible. Secondly, I quartered a large head of Romaine instead of Iceberg as Romaine has much better nutrition. It looks quite different but we're used to that in my family. :) Lastly, I added organic orange peppers and dino kale ribbons for both their nutritional benefits AND visual interest. Nice salad. Thanks so much for the idea! :)