Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love simple, raw, shredded salads, and this would be amongst my favorites. The first time I ate a version of this salad, it was made, and served to me, by a very proud 8 year old. That is how quick and easy it is. What I love about this cabbage salad is the vibrant colors. The luscious purple of the cabbage, and the fresh green herbs. It is the perfect balance for my aesthetic sensibility, and my mild palate. I have always been partial to the simplicity of an olive oil and lemon juice dressing, and this is no exception. For those of you who are not strictly raw or vegan this recipe does go to another level when it is topped with about four organic eggs chopped finely. This salad is so refreshing on a Summer’s day, and can literally be made in 5 minutes.
- 1 head of organic red cabbage
- 2 bunch flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 118.29 ml extra virgin cold pressed olive oil (approximately, to taste)
- 8 spring onions (green)
- cracked pepper, for seasoning
- celtic sea salt, for seasoning
- Put cabbage, parsley, and onions into the food processor, and pulse quickly just a few times, until chopped roughly.
- Toss with olive oil and lemon, and season to taste. It is that easy.
- I have put the quantities as a rough guide – I probably use a LOT more olive oil and lemon juice. You might like less.
good receipe but I do like it better after a day in the refrig
Simple, delicious and so clean tasting. The parsley became cilantro as that was what was in the refrigerator. Having a fresh lemon in hand I did zest it and added it to the salad. I would say that fresh lemon is the only way to go. The cabbage was finely shredded using the food processor. Made for PAC Fall 2011.