I made these for Easter and my family loved them! They taste just like Reese's! :) I am not exactly sure about the measurements because I ad-libbed the recipe as I went along. Also, it might yield more than the amount I got because I did lots of taste-testing!
- Combine dates and coconut oil in a small bowl and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and add cacao powder, 1/2 cup agave and process until very smooth. (This is a bit tricky and will require some patience. I have not yet discovered the trick to completely processing the dates. Sometimes it helps to chop the them in the small pieces. If you have a high powder blender this should not be an issue.).
- In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, vanilla and 2 tbsp agave and mix well.
- Place 12 foil mini muffin cups on a large plate. Fill each cup about halfway full with the chocolate mixture. Gently spread about 1 teaspoon peanut butter in each cup. If you have more peanut butter left over after you have filled each cup, you can add more or just eat it plain! ;).
- Top the cups with the remaining chocolate, covering the peanut butter completely.
- Chill the cups in the fridge for about 2 hours before serving. They will keep for about 5 days in the fridge.
I've made this a few times already. I use dried prunes instead of the dates - which makes the processing a lot easier and the cups extra-chocolatey! I recommend rolling the peanut butter into little balls rather than trying to spread it. If you're on a budget and not on a raw diet, you can use corn syrup instead of the agave. I make them in a silicone mini-muffin pan and store in the freezer, they are really easy to pop out and ready to eat after a few minutes (and you help reduce waste by not using the foil cup). Thanks for the treat happybella!!!
This recipe rocked my world! Reese's peanut butter cups are my all time #1 favorite candy, and one of the foods I miss the most since I stopped eating pretty much everything they're made of. These are great partly because they are made out of all the things I like to eat and none of the things I don't, but mostly because they are *way* better than Reese's! Thank you, happybella. You are my new hero.