1/2 Photos of Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
I made these for Easter and my family loved them! They taste just like Reese's! :) I am not exactly sure about the measurements because I ad-libbed the recipe as I went along. Also, it might yield more than the amount I got because I did lots of taste-testing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted in the dehydrator (or oven at low temp)
- 3/4 cup cacao or 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Agave
- 1Combine dates and coconut oil in a small bowl and let soak for 30 minutes.
- 2Transfer to blender and add cacao powder, 1/2 cup agave and process until very smooth. (This is a bit tricky and will require some patience. I have not yet discovered the trick to completely processing the dates. Sometimes it helps to chop the them in the small pieces. If you have a high powder blender this should not be an issue.).
- 3In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, vanilla and 2 tbsp agave and mix well.
- 4Place 12 foil mini muffin cups on a large plate. Fill each cup about halfway full with the chocolate mixture. Gently spread about 1 teaspoon peanut butter in each cup. If you have more peanut butter left over after you have filled each cup, you can add more or just eat it plain! ;).
- 5Top the cups with the remaining chocolate, covering the peanut butter completely.
- 6Chill the cups in the fridge for about 2 hours before serving. They will keep for about 5 days in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: