Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
No need to bake, although they can get really messy, so I suggest latex gloves! They work wonders when dealing with sticky food. The recipe spawned from my head one day during my early vegan days when I felt like something yummy. The measurements vary according to how many you wish to make and how big you want them. Make sure you mould them together really hard or else you'll have crumbs all over when you bite through!
- 2 cups all-bran cereal, crushed
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon jam (peach works nicely)
- Mix the bran cereal, granola, cranberries, raisins, almonds and walnuts together in a large bowl. Crush any large pieces of cereal. Set aside.
- Add the banana and the jam to the mix.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until fully melted.
- Quickly add the peanut butter to the mixture and mix thoroughly; messy part!
- Scoop handful (or however big you want individual cookie to be) into tray and form into a cookie shape. Press firmly together.
- Wrap each individual cookie with cling wrap and mould into cookie shape again, making sure it's nice and firm.
- Put in the freezer overnight.
- (For better results, keep in freezer and take out when wanting a snack, cooling cookie for maybe 10 minutes.).
These cookies sound super tasty, and are definitely on my to-make list. I have to be honest and say that the title of this recipe is really deceptive, cus generally when you're talking "Raw" foods, you mean foods that have not been cooked or processed. This recipe contained both Granola (which is baked) and Bran Cereal (which has been both baked and processed), so technically this is a no-bake recipe, not a raw recipe. All the same, it looks very enjoyable :)