Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Today I made a Raw Moroccan Carrot Salad which I found posted on thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com. When I saw this recipe I got so excited because I had wanted to try a traditional Moroccan carrot salad a few months ago but didn't because I can't stand the taste of cooked carrots. I love trying new Mediterranean dishes, so this was perfect... more at bellaraw.blogspot.com **Cook time is really refrigeration time**
- 1 lb carrot, coarsely grated (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 pinch salt
- about 1/2 teaspoon harissa (or 1 tablespoon minced green chilies, or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne(I used cayenne because I didn't)
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days to allow the flavors to meld. Served chilled or at room temperature.
4 1/2 stars. Taste is good cutting down on the cayenne yet I don't believe this is really raw food with all those spices!!! I did not add the garlic but otherwise made as stated using an unrefined extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, plus the rest.