Recipe by Baroque_Pearl
This is a raw treat that is yummy and good for you! The recipe is inspired by the ingredients of a Lara Bar. Very simple and easy to make, virtually fail proof. You can substitute or add other flavors, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut, other fruit flavors as you wish! A great way to introduce your non-raw, non-vegetarian friends to the raw food adventure!
- 1 cup dried dates
- 3 cups nuts (Of Your Choice)
- 1 lemon (Zest and Juice)
- 4 tablespoons of organic raw cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop or grind the nuts (I used a mixture of Walnut, Almond, Cashew, Hazelnut, and Pistachio) either by hand, in a food processor, or in a coffee grinder, depending on the coarseness you prefer. The finer you chop the nuts, the firmer the mixture will stay together.
- Chop the dates.
- Make zests and juice out of the lemon.
- Combine the chopped nuts, chopped dates, lemon zest and lemon juice either by hand, or in the food processor.
- Scoop the mixture base on the size of truffles you want to make, make them into little balls, and roll them in the raw cocoa power, set aside.
- The oil of the nuts will seep through the powder, and if you'd like, you can roll them in the raw cocoa powder again.
- Set aside, it is pretty much ready to eat immediately. I prefer to store them in room temperature. It seems to allow the oil of the nuts and the cocoa powder to incorporate better as they sit.