1/2 Photos of Raw Vegan Lemon Cranberry Cheesecake
8 hrs 20 mins
A delicious, raw cheesecake that my mom & I made for Thanksgiving dinner at a raw-foodie friend's house. I found the recipe on the Healthy Blender Recipes blog: http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/recipes/raw_vegan_lemon_cranberry_cheesecake/ and I have only made a couple of tweaks to the original. Mainly in the instructions, for clarity, and I added an hour to the cashew soaking time, as we felt the filling wasn't as smooth as it could be if the nuts were even softer to begin with. Note that cooking time is actually soaking and freezer time. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups pitted dates, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1To make the crust:.
- 2Place the almonds, dates and cacao powder in your food processor until well combined.
- 3Roll this mixture into a ball (you might need a few more dates).
- 4Grease a 9 inch spring form pan with coconut oil.
- 5Press the crust into the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- 6To make the filling:.
- 7Place all of the filling ingredients into the blender and blend until rich and creamy. Feel free to taste-test now and add a little more sweetener or lemon zest, as this filling is quite tart.
- 8Pour the filling into the spring form pan, cover with aluminum foil, and place in the freezer for at least 5 - 12 hours.
- 9Before serving, allow the cake to defrost for an hour and then place in the fridge. To serve, remove cake from pan, cut into slices and serve with raw cashew cream and lemon zest or cranberry sauce.
- 10**Note: because of the coconut oil this cheesecake will melt if left out in the heat. The coconut oil rises to the surface and will bead up like little pools of ice. I just picked them off when it happened.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Vegan Lemon Cranberry Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.0
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 159.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raw cacao powder