Prep 40 mins
Cook 24 hrs
a healthy tart consisting of almonds, medjool dates, and fruit!
Make and share this Raw Vegan Fruit Tart! recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups raw slivered almonds
- 3⁄4 cup of pitted medjool dates
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups mangoes
- 1⁄4 cup dried mango, cut up into pieces and soaked for 10 minutes
- your favorite fruit (banana, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries...)
- Food process the almonds, medjool dates, and salt until they become coarse crumbs.
- Get a 9 in pie pan and using your hands or a rubber spatula, press the almond mixture into the form of a crust.
- Plastic wrap the crust and put in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the mango and the soaked dried mango until smooth. Leave in refrigerator until ready to assemble tart. (Pineapple can be used in place of mango).
- Pour the filling over the crust and top off with fruit. Cover the entire tart.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Preferably, overnight.
Very good! I used pecans instead of almonds and dried apricots instead of dried mangoes. Delicious! Can't wait to make it again, Thanks.
A fantastic recipe! I made a couple of changes. I used half almonds, half pecans for the base and used a dried fruit mix instead of mango. I also increased the amount of dried fruit to firm up the filling. I topped it off with some strawberries, bananas and blueberries. Super yummy!!!
While preparing the tart, I was afraid it would be bland or like a fruit salad at best. The tart was delicious, easy, fast, beautiful, and did I mention DELICIOUS!!! The crust holds together surprisingly well and tastes dreamy. Next time, I may include some coconut with the dried mangoes and see how that goes. Thanks for the yummy recipe. I will definately use this while entertaining.