4 hrs 30 mins
The full title of this recipe is: Eva Rawposa & Uncooking 101’s Raw Vegan Super Easy Falafel With Lemon Garlic Aioli and I got it at healthyblenderrecipes.com Cooking time is dehydrator time. You can eat it right out of the bowl; it does not have to be dehydrated. Here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, dry
- 1/4 cup flax seed, ground (after grinding, equals 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (*to be added after processing)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1For the Falafel:.
- 2First, add only the carrots to the food processor, and process until your carrots are nearly a paste.
- 3Next add in the sunflower seeds, flax seeds, garlic, and spices and process until well mixed.
- 4Finally, add the onion and parsley, making sure to scrape the sides as needed to mix everything together well.
- 5Move to a large bowl, and add the sesame seeds by hand.
- 6Roll 1 Tbsp at a time into falafel balls.
- 7Place these balls directly onto your dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for 2-12 hours depending on how moist you prefer the inside to be. The longer you dehydrate, the more crisp the outside becomes.
- 8For the AIOLI.
- 9Process the cashews, garlic, and salt in a coffee grinder or spice grinder until there are NO remaining chunks.
- 10Remove from the food processor, add to bowl with the lemon juice, and whip with a fork.
- 11OR you can turn this aioli into a fabulous dressing by blending 2/3 cup cashews soaked in 2/3 cup water with 1/2 of a preserved lemon in your Vitamix or blender.
- 12These falafels are fantastic as appetizers, or for use in raw wraps or as a topping on salads.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Vegan Falafel With Lemon Garlic Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.7
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 335.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g