Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom and I make these raw fruit balls all the time and they are absolutely delicious. We use raw almonds, cashews and macadamias as our nutty blend. But you could use any nuts that tickle your festive fancy. Just know that each nut mix will yield a treat of a different personality. Roll out these vegan treats. They make great snacks in school or work lunch boxes; great power snacks for a long work out; or a great little bite to put beside a cup of herbal tea. These will last in a sealed glass container in the fridge for weeks. But they never do!
- 1 cup nuts raw almonds, cashews, macadamias
- 1⁄2 cup organic pitted chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup dried chopped apricot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 drops of natural almond essence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- Mix the coconut and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside for rolling.
- Put all other ingredients in a food processor, and slowly add in the orange juice if it doesn’t bind together completely.
- Roll into small balls and coat with the coconut mixture.
- Store in a sealed glass container in the fridge.
Serendipity! I'd made this recipe a long time ago, and it popped into mind while grocery shopping. Having switched to the plant based lifestyle, it wasn't long before I found you and your collection here. So, I was browsing, and wallah! The recipe. I made it as presented the first time, but got more playful and used some holiday cookies, carob chips, and sunflower seeds, figs, and perfecto. So, as well as being healthy and tasty, it's quite forgiving. Good job!
Made a double batch of these to include on my munchies buffet this evening & know from MUCH taste-testing that they will be a big hit! I thoroughly enjoy using dried fruits in a variety of recipes, & this one is now on my KEEPER list! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
I make these once a week, really enjoy them such a treat - no longer think about buying chocolate, very healthy and great taste,highly recommended