Recipe by VegSocialWorker
This untried recipe is from the July/August 08 issue of Vegetarian Times. It looks delicious.
- 473.18 ml raw macadamia nuts
- 295.73 ml raw cashews
- 118.29 ml pitted medjool dates
- 59.14 ml dried coconut
- 88.74 ml coconut oil, melted (gently warmed)
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 59.14 ml raw agave nectar
- 1 sun dried vanilla bean
- 709.77 ml mixed berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Place macadamia nuts in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Place cashews in a separate bowl and cover with cold water. Soak nuts 4 hours, then rinse, drain and set aside.
- Pulse macadamia nuts and dates in a food processor to a sticky crumb-like consistency, Sprinkle dried coconut mixture onto bottom of 8-inch pie pan. Press macadamia nut mixture onto coconut to make pie crust.
- Place cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, agave nectar and 6 Tbsp water in bowl of the food processor. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into food processor bowl and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crust, and freeze 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
- Remove from freezer, slice while frozen, and transfer to serving platter. Defrost in the fridge 1 hour or on countertop 30 minutes; top with berries and serve.