Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This untried recipe is from the July/August 08 issue of Vegetarian Times. It looks delicious.
Make and share this Raw Vegan Cashew Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Place macadamia nuts in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Place cashews in a separate bowl and cover with cold water. Soak nuts 4 hours, then rinse, drain and set aside.
- Pulse macadamia nuts and dates in a food processor to a sticky crumb-like consistency, Sprinkle dried coconut mixture onto bottom of 8-inch pie pan. Press macadamia nut mixture onto coconut to make pie crust.
- Place cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, agave nectar and 6 Tbsp water in bowl of the food processor. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into food processor bowl and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crust, and freeze 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
- Remove from freezer, slice while frozen, and transfer to serving platter. Defrost in the fridge 1 hour or on countertop 30 minutes; top with berries and serve.