Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy Summer cooler is like “liquid guacamole” that kicked me into a pleasure-induced coma that had me “coat-checking” my teeth and dreaming up a recipe for a “taco in a glass”. I have deliberately kept this soup simple. It is deceptively rich – with a subtle flavour that dances across the palate before leaving a lasting impression. Have a few tastes before you add more pizzazz. Also, allow for some chilling time to allow the flavours to infuse. Traditional gazpacho is made with cold water with purists serving it at room temperature. However, I find that avocados can get a bit warm after being blended; and I prefer to enjoy this soup chilled. I served this soup as a main meal garnished with extra avocado, tomato, cilantro, and green onions. If you serve it with all the toppings in soup bowls – this recipe serves about 4 – 6 people. But, those of you who are less indulgent avocado connoisseurs, you can stretch this recipe to 8 people and serve it in small ramekins for an appetizer.
- 3 large avocados, chopped
- 473.18 ml cubed cucumbers
- 236.59 ml fresh cilantro
- 59.14 ml chopped red onion
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml small green chili, chopped (for a bit of heat)
- 177.44 ml filtered water (to thin out to desired consistency)
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice (juice of 2 juicy limes)
- 14.79 ml cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml celtic sea salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 freshly diced tomato (omit if on Body Ecology)
- 59.14 ml freshly chopped cilantro
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and puree until smooth.
- Flavour to taste and chill before serving.
- Serve with “all the toppings” or on its own in small ramekins or shot glasses. YUM!
This is yum! Indulgent, fatty!! I made ours as called for except used some cayenne pepper powder instead of the green chili as it was what I had on hand. I served with all the toppings except the cilantro as DD (toddler) would not like. I did add additional freshly squeezed lime juice to taste and a bit more sea salt. Thanks for the look at Body Ecology diet I had never heard of it.
Delicious. I modified because I only had one avocado on hand. Added half a green bell pepper. Creamy, slightly spicy, and filling. Thanks for sharing!