Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A creamy vanilla milkshake that is dairy free. Easy and delicious!
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 2 -3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, seeds of
- 2 -3 cups almond milk or 2 -3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- Blend all ingredients until creamy and smooth, adding enough almond milk (or water) for your preferred consistency.
- It's easy to make variations of this recipe.
- Chocolate Milkshake - add 3 tsp of carob or cacao powder to the vanilla milkshake.
- Strawberry - Add 1 cup of Strawberries or other berry.
- Extra Creamy - add 1 cup of cashews.
I don't think any agave nectar is raw see this, http://www.living-foods.com/articles/agave.html I made this with honey which can be raw (not the same as unpasteurised which still may be heated to filter) I did not use a frozen banana the drink was good!
This tastes exactly like a milkshake! I used 2 cups of water and 2T of coconut oil/butter as a sub for the almond milk. It was delicious! Thanks for posting!