Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious substitute for taco meat. You can go all raw and wrap this in lettuce leaves or use regular taco shells. Great topped with your favorite salsa and guacamole or even in a taco salad.
- 3 cups walnuts (soaked in water for at least 4 hours or overnite then drained)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- cayenne powder
- 1⁄3 cup Braggs liquid aminos (I suggest starting with less, taste first- in case this will make it too salty for you!)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse till it resembles taco meat.
- Taste and add more spices if necessary.
Delish - used far less braggs though
Enjoyed this recipe! Like another reviewer, I added a bit of garlic and onion powder and this was tasty. Served in a lettuce leaf with chopped onion & tomatoes and it made a pretty good lettuce wrap. Honestly...I will be searching out other "raw" recipes.
This was GREAT! We used it in lettuce wraps, on chips and plain out of the bowl! Great flavor (yes, do reduce the Braggs Aminos!) .... I keep finding less and less reasons to go back to meat or cooked food. Even DH is happy with the flavors of this 'new fangled' stuff. Thanks for posting yogi! UPDATE: In making this "taco meat" again, I added a bit of garlic powder and onion powder as well. Mmm Mmm good!