Recipe by yogi
Creamy, slightly sweet casserole topped with walnuts. Yes, it's made with raw sweet potato and the texture isn't exactly like your typical sweet potato casserole, but I love it! Tweaked the original recipe from Herbs for Health magazine, which called for dehydrating the nuts. Prep time does not include soaking the nuts overnight.
Top Review by sryseff
OMG this is fantastic! I can't imagine someone not liking this! It is perfect. Blend well to get get really smooth... it is divine! I will be making this every holiday meal. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (let dry a bit on a paper towel) or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, soaked overnight, then drained (let dry a bit on a paper towel)
- 4 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dates, soaked for about 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (this is not a raw product)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes, 1/2 cup nuts, dates, cinnamon and vanilla in processor and puree till smooth.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining 1 cup nuts with salt and honey, and sprinkle over the potato mixture.
- I enjoyed this at room temperature, but still good straight out of the frig.