1/1 Photo of Raw Sweet Potato Casserole
Creamy, slightly sweet casserole topped with walnuts. Yes, it's made with raw sweet potato and the texture isn't exactly like your typical sweet potato casserole, but I love it! Tweaked the original recipe from Herbs for Health magazine, which called for dehydrating the nuts. Prep time does not include soaking the nuts overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (let dry a bit on a paper towel) or 1 1/2 cups walnuts, soaked overnight, then drained (let dry a bit on a paper towel)
- 4 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked for about 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (this is not a raw product)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1Put potatoes, 1/2 cup nuts, dates, cinnamon and vanilla in processor and puree till smooth.
- 2Pour into a casserole dish.
- 3In another bowl, mix the remaining 1 cup nuts with salt and honey, and sprinkle over the potato mixture.
- 4I enjoyed this at room temperature, but still good straight out of the frig.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.1
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g