Prep 8 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a recipe from The Rawtarian. This bread helps those of us on the raw foods lifestyle to curb our need for bread!
- 1⁄3 cup psyllium, husk ground
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal, ground
- 1 cup dates
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 medium orange, peeled
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to food processor EXCEPT RAISINS, PSYLLIUM HUSK AND FLAXSEED MEAL. Process very well.
- Add raisins. Pulse again until raisins are well distributed but raisins still looked like raisins.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add psyllium husk and flaxseed meal. Stir well.
- Form into two small loaves.
- Dehydrate for 1 hour on high - then reduce to 110 degrees for another few hours (perhaps 5).