Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
My twin Loudn loves these, and so will you.
Make and share this Raw Sugar Raisin Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup raw sugar, Demerara or Barbados
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3. Plump the raisins in hot water in a small bowl for 10 minute.
- 4. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- 5. Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ans salt in a medium bowl.
- 6. Mix the milk and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 7. Beat the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
- 8. Add the eggs, beating until just blended.
- 9. Mix in the dry ingredients, milk mixture, and raisins.
- 10. Drop teaspoons of dough 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- 11. Bake until just golden 12-15 minute.
- 12. Transfer to racks to cool.
These are very interesting. They look very pale in person (not as brown as they look in the photos), even after baking the full 15 minutes. They are crispy on the edges and chewy in the center, but also very moist and a bit sticky. I made a few slight changes - doubled the salt, and used fat-free milk and regular not golden raisins (what I had). I ended up with 41 cookies, using my cookie scoop to dish them out. I was glad to try a different cookie than I usually make, since I've never cooked/baked much with raw sugar. Thanks for sharing!