Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very moist banana bread using no white sugar.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups turbinado sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 6 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- preheat oven to 250.
- cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time.
- sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- add to wet mixture. mash bananas, and add to mixture with nuts.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. bake for 1 1/2 hours.
We were surprised by the low baking temperature, but followed instructions and it worked! It did require a few more minutes than instructed, but might not with smaller loaf pans. Easy to make and tasty. Made for PAC