Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The other night I went to a fabulous event in Boulder hosted by Bauman College. During this evening one of the graduates from Bauman's chef program did a great cooking demo for a raw kale salad with shiitake mushrooms (it had a number of other ingredients as well). http://www.elanaspantry.com/raw-kale-shiitake-salad/
- 4 -6 cups kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ume plum vinegar
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 dash celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine kale and olive oil.
- Massage the kale for a couple of minutes until it looks slightly wilted.
- Add mushrooms, vinegar and sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds.