1/2 Photos of Raw Pumpkin Pie
5 hrs 40 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
We have been trying to eat more raw foods and I found this recipe in Dr. Gabriel Cousen's book Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine. This pie is dense and very tasty. I had my pie with a cup of grain beverage coffee. It will satisfy any raw foodies craving for a fall treat. I made my crust using oat groats because I like oats, but this one is good too. I also used 1-15 oz. can of uncooked pumpkin to make this because I didn't have a pumpkin. This would be good with a dolup of Cashew Cream on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE PIE
- 1 medium fresh pumpkin (peeled, try the Japanese squash variety)
- 1 1/2 cups pine nuts
- 3/4 cup coconut water or 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 dried apricots (soaked until soft)
FOR THE CRUST
- 1FOR THE PIE:.
- 2Blend the pumpkin in a food processor with the S blade until relatively smooth.
- 3Place the puree pumpkin in a glass bowl with the coconut water or plain water on top. Place the bowl in the dehydrator and dry for 5 hours at 140'F.
- 4Check it now and again to ensure the water hasn't evaporated completely, its crutial to keep the water coating over the pumpkin to prevent cooking it.
- 5Drain the apricots. Save the water or drink it, its full of goodies.
- 6After the pumpkin is dehydrated remove and blend it on high in a high powered blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- 7Set aside.
- 8FOR THE CRUST:.
- 9Mix by had: the flax, help seed, sea salt and coconut butter until you achieve a consistency of course corn meal. Add the almond milk or coconut water and mix.
- 10Press into a glass 10" pie plate.
- 11Pour filling into crust and serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.2
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 244.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: