Contributed by juleskess on goneraw.com, this was my very first raw meal dish. I have been eating Raw but I was not really putting anything into "preparing" something. This is very good and makes eating raw more interesting. The colors are lovely and the meal is healthy!
- 1 zucchini (spiraled into "noodles" or sliced thin and then julienned)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1⁄2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped (tops and bulbs)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or finely chopped hot pepper)
- 1 tablespoon honey (agave or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- In a bowl, mix the nut butter with the garlic and ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, and hot sauce until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix all of the vegetables in a large bowl (save a few green onion tops for garnish).
- Right before serving, mix sauce with veggies and enjoy.
- Chopsticks add a nice touch!